Application for 2022 Admission
Timely admission of applicants remains as our school’s priority.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation and Safe Management Measures put in place, there may be changes to the admission application timeline. Please check this website for updates on admission matters.
Primary 1 Placement
For Primary 1 enrolment for Academic Year 2022:
- Parents of students applying for Pathlight’s Primary 1 programme can send in their completed applications with all relevant documents throughout the year, as soon as they are completed.
- Eligible applications received before 28 May 2021 will be invited for the first phase of the School's Screening Assessments according to the number of vacancies available and subject to Safe Management Measures.
- For applications received after 28 May 2021, these will be processed for later phases of the School Screening Assessments, subject to available vacancies.
Secondary 1 Placement
For Secondary 1 enrolment for Academic Year 2022:
Parents of students applying for Secondary 1 are encouraged to send in their completed applications after your child’s preliminary exams, before the release of PSLE results.
This is to enable the School’s Admission & Review Committee enough time to process and review all applications due to the tight timeline between the release of PSLE results and the start of the new academic year.
Action required upon release of PSLE results:
- Please submit your child’s PSLE results on the same day of the results release.
- School Screening Assessments are likely to be scheduled during the first week of December according to vacancies available. Applicants must pass PSLE in order to proceed to Secondary level.
- Parents are advised to concurrently participate in the Secondary 1 posting process and indicate a maximum of 6 choices of mainstream secondary schools (in order of preference) after the release of PSLE results.
- If your child is offered a place in Pathlight School, parents are to inform the mainstream school that your child is posted to, of your decision if you accept the placement in Pathlight.
Placements in Other Levels
Parents applying for other levels in Pathlight's Primary and Secondary programmes, please submit your applications to the School as soon as they are completed.
School Screening Assessments for various levels will be scheduled in the second half of the year, depending on whether there are available vacancies in these levels in 2022.
Submission of Applications
Application for admission into Pathlight School must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Section I: Application Form (download from: https://www.moe.gov.sg/special-educational-needs/apply)
- Section II: Current/previous school reports and copies of examination scores (if applicable)
- Section III: Medical report of general health from any medical practitioner
- Section IV: Psychological report of child’s cognitive ability and adaptive behavior to access mainstream academic curriculum in a structured group learning environment of average class size of 10 to 14 students. This cognitive assessment must have a validity of 2 years from date of application and must be conducted using one of the following tests:
- Wechsler Scales
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales
- British Ability Scales
Your child must be diagnosed with autism. Please attach diagnostic report or written statement from a relevant medical professional or psychologist.
Kindly send all the required documents via:
SCHOOL ADMISSIONS OFFICE
PATHLIGHT SCHOOL (CAMPUS 2 ANNEX)
2 Ang Mo Kio Street 44
Parents to Note:
In view that the COVID-19 situation is very fluid, information on this website will be subject to changes as we make adjustments according to the restrictions put in place. We ask for your understanding on this.
Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee a place for your child in Pathlight. Admission will still depend on various factors, including the outcome of School Screening Assessments by Pathlight's psychologists and educators, a holistic review by our Admissions & Review Committee, availability of sufficient physical and teaching resources as well as class suitability.