- Follows MOE mainstream curriculum (except NO Mother Tongue) leading to GCE ‘O’ level/’N’ level qualifications. The courses available are: Express, Normal Academic (NA), Normal Technical (NT).
- Non-academic curriculum comprising:
- Specialised courses in IT, project management, social & thinking skills, daily living skills to better prepare for post Pathlight Institutes of Higher Learning.
- Self-organisation routines. (e.g. time management, etc)
- Self-regulation and work habits.
- Social relationship skills.
- Holistic development of students through organised CCA activities and CIP projects.
Satellite School Model:
Unique Features of Pathlight Secondary School Programme
Pathlight follows a Satellite School model, which is endorsed and supported by MOE. This is a unique ‘Best of both Worlds’ education model, which promotes interaction on 4 levels of integration:
- Physical - Opportunities to share facilities
- Social - Opportunities to have fun together
- Academic - Opportunities to learn together
- Professional - Opportunities for staff to learn and exchange ideas
Our students attend school at the Satellite Schools daily, and interact socially with their students during recess and selected school events/classes. This model provides for purposeful integration and allows our students to apply classroom learning of social skills to the real world. At the same time, it also contributes to building awareness among mainstream communities of people on the autism spectrum, and towards a more inclusive society.