Education in Singapore is typically classified as either "Mainstream" or "Special". Pathlight provides a unique blend of mainstream academics and life readiness skills for students on the autism spectrum and related conditions.
Our Curriculum Framework
Our curriculum is based on a holistic approach to education. The Singapore mainstream school curriculum (currently leading to a PSLE and GCE 'O'/’N’ Level qualification) is our base curriculum. However we know that this is only part of a curriculum that our students require. They also need various skills and work practices to access the mainstream programme. In addition to the usual academic subjects, we also offer non-academic subjects such as social & thinking skills, daily living skills, leisure skills, project management skills, IT and IT Design training, PE/gymnastics, and Behaviour Support Planning & Training etc. These form the foundation blocks of our non-academic core curriculum.
Our unique features include:
- Curriculum blending mainstream syllabus and non-academic curriculum.
- All lessons are taught using autism-friendly pedagogy.
- Small classroom size with structured group setting.
- Strong on-site autism therapy support.
- Professional consultation for accommodation for access to national examinations.
- Satellite school model for all Secondary level students to promote integration and prepare them for smoother transition to Institutes of Higher Learning.
- Value-added signature programmes such as IT & Design lessons to equip students with 21st century skills; and Artist Development Programme to develop special talents.